America World wanted to thank families for their advocacy and prayer efforts for the 4 referrals whose files were potentially being returned to the CCAA on October 31st. We are excited to announce that Andrew and Jonathon have families! Additionally Abigal’s file is under review. Please join us in praise and thanksgiving for these updates! Sadly, at this time Ben’s file is not being pursued by a family. We ask for prayers for God’s plan for his life.
In addition to families pursuing these adoptions, 6 families have submitted acceptances for shared referrals over this past week. The CCAA recently referred a new group of shared and America World referrals. To learn more about the America World referrals and to view their photos and biographies please go to the link: http://www.awaa.org/waitingchildren/china/ and contact your Family Coordinator for the password.
Please join America World staff in praying that God may call forward forever families for the children listed in bold below. We are excited to announce Andre has a family pending and Katie’s file is under review!
• New Referral: Ryan is a talkative boy with post operative spinal cord eversion. He likes to communicate with others and read stories to the younger children. •
• New Referral: Timothy is a clever and polite 5 ½ year old boy who is deaf and has repaired cleft palate. He is described as being well liked by everyone and good at learning sign language very quickly.
• New Referral: Hosea is a charming 8 year old boy who has repaired spina bifida. He often offers to help with chores and can help take care of himself.
• New Referral: Katie is a 2 ½ year old girl who is described as being active and gregarious. Katie has hearing disability, mental developmental delay, rickets. She gets along well with other children.
• New Referral: Clark is a 3 ½ year old boy who is diagnosed as having cerebral palsy and also a possible brain condition. He enjoys playing with toys and his favorite activity is being cuddled by his caretaker.
• New Referral: Joel is a 9 year old boy who has heart disease. He is described as funny and clever. He likes singing, sports, and playing outside.
• Evan is a artistic and creative 11 ½ year old boy who has a deformity of both feet. He is described as fun-loving and clever.
• Brady is an active and energetic 9 ½ year old boy. He loves to watch cartoons and build things. Brady is hearing impaired.
• Henry is a sweet and shy 5 year old boy who has severe hearing loss in both ears. He is learning sign language and loves dressing himself.
• Andre is an active 9 year old boy. He is diagnosed as having “post-operative bilateral renal pelvis and ureter stenosis plasty” and ametropia of both eyes. Andre “loves life” and nature
• Joey is an independent and shy 4 year old boy. He has received surgeries to repair both his cleft lip and palate, and also has scoliosis. Joey loves music!
• Connor is an athletic and healthy 12 year old boy. He is an actively involved student; he gets along with his other classmates and is respectful of his teachers.
• Hannah is a happy 10 year old girl who has been diagnosed with post-operative hydronephrosis and also has a “lazy” left eye. She is described as obedient, shy, sensible, and polite.
• Amelia is a charming 8 year old girl who has been diagnosed with scoliosis and repaired spina bifida. While her diagnosis is severe, she is a strong and active girl.
Families who would like to learn more about the Waiting Children Program are invited to contact a China Family Coordinator. Additionally, America World China Program families can apply to be considered for waiting children referrals and receive email updates about the program by completing the online application at: http://www.awaa.org/waitingchildren/china/application.aspx.